Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Apparently, DS is now walking. Tuesday was my birthday, and one exiting thing that happened that day was that DS took his first unassisted steps. He has since been standing for longer periods of time and taking more and more steps. He stands and gets his balance, then looks at something, which he decides to go after. Then, off he goes. He has taken up to about 13 steps or so before plopping and crawling the rest of the way. He is quite a determined little man.

We've established that DS is not allowed to play in the dogs' water dish, so his determination to touch that water himself has started to fade. However, now the new fascinating activity is putting things in the water dish. We have recently had to wring out several of his toys. Ah yes, the world of a curious toddler!!

As an aside, last evening I was the closest I had ever been to going to the emergency room. Then, at about 3:30 am Saturday morning, I did. After a few hours of testing procedures and such, I was sent home with some antibiotics and a list of instructions that included "get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids". Let's just say, I was in a lot of pain, but now I am feeling much better. Today, I praise God for doctors!

No comments: