Friday, October 12, 2007

Tid Bits

After careful assessment of DS's excessive fussiness, extreme gassiness, and sudden outbreak of severe diaper rash (great visual, huh?), we have decided that poor Noah was reacting to the dairy in my diet. Therefore, we eliminated the dairy, got back on schedule and he is as happy as can be!! What a difference it has made...yea for solving gassy problems!!

I have been reading a book called Extraordinary Faith by Sheila Walsh. She is one of the Women of Faith speakers... I attended one of the conventions a couple years ago where I picked up this book. It is too bad that it took a move across the country and the birth of a child to get to the point where a little voice told me, "Gee, maybe you should actually read it!" ...which I fully intended to do way back when I brought it home...after all, isn't that the reason for buying a book--to read it?? (Just had to state the obvious...) Anyway, I am amazed at her insight. Of course, some of it just may have come from attending seminary... In this book, Sheila takes you through some of the events that occurred throughout the generations leading to the birth of Christ and the evidence of God's faithfulness amongst it all. It is really quite inspiring...Yea for spiritual insight!!

I was invited to a dinner the other night at the house of the University president hosted by the First Lady. It was a dinner for all of the women of the University where DH works. I headed out and left DH and DS home for a guys' night in. This was my first evening out without DS. I kept thinking I was forgetting something. But, it was nice to get out and meet some other people...yea for free food and lots of people to meet!!

No comments: