Monday, October 1, 2007

Raindrops on Roses

The Oregon rains have started. I have heard that when they start they don't really stop until Spring. I suppose this is something I will become quite accustomed to. So, to celebrate, we ventured out on a field trip to the International Rose Test Garden. For those of you who don't know, Portland is nicknamed "The City of Roses." The International Rose Test Garden is the famous rose garden of Portland where there are rows and rows and rows of hundreds of different kinds and colors of roses. With such intricate detail, each bush was specially cultivated with uniqueness...kinda like us!! Each one has it's own characteristics and beauty and no two are alike. Makes you feel kinda special, huh?

And, of course this was our first field trip with DS (By the way, that stands for Dear Son, for those of you who are new to the blog scene...and DH is Dear Husband, for future reference.) Now 4 1/2 weeks old, he is growing like a bamboo shoot! With a rough weighing (where I weigh myself and then weigh me holding him, then subtract the difference), we are estimating almost 12 pounds...up from his 7 lb. 12 oz. birth weight. He stays awake longer now and takes it all in. He has started to enjoy his "Jungle Gym" with colored lights and toys to look at, as well as his snuggly swing--which tends to be a good option for evening fussy-ish time.

This morning, we got out for our first post-birth jog. What a handy contraption these jogging strollers are!! Noah just rode along contently...most of the time. Although, he did take a longer nap this afternoon...as did I. I think the fresh air was probably good for us both. I just may need to figure out a way to attach an umbrella.

1 comment:

smb said...

It is so good to hear from you. The baby is just beautiful! He is growing really fast but then they always do. How is Prof. Mike doing. Is he enjoying teaching? I miss you at the pool. It gets lonely after 5pm. Have been away from the running because of having my cateracts removed. This monday the second one comes out and tehen I can go back to a normal life. Will talk later - Love ya - Shirley