Saturday, October 27, 2007

Breakthrough!

I have been waiting for this day for about 8 weeks now. DS slept 7 3/4 hours through the night on Thursday night, waking up at 7:15 am Friday morning. I didn't want to get my hopes up too much because Thursday was his 2 month doctor visit where he got a few shots and I gave him some Tylenol to help with the pain and feverishness that usually follows. Needless to say, he was out like a light. But, I am hopeful because Friday night, he again slept for almost 8 hours. I woke up this morning thinking, "Can it be so?!?" I haven't felt this rested for a long time! So, if tonight works out the same, I will consider it the new trend. Oh, sweet slumber.

The visit to the pediatrician went well...aside from the instant DS got his shots and his face turned bright red for a second before the wail came. Growth Chart figures are as follows:
Weight: 13 lbs., 3 1/2 oz., 90th percentile
Length: 24 in., 90th percentile
Head Circumference: 38 cm, 15th percentile
Conclusion: Small head.

Doctor said everything looks well. He does have an ever so slight flat-ish spot on his head...apparently he favors looking to the right when he is lying on his back. Instructions were to try to get him to look the other way so it doesn't get worse. Don't want a flat head, now, do we? On the way out, I got my flu shot...Just a day of shots all around!

Tonight is game 3 of the World Series. Hasn't been much of a nail-biter series so far, but you never know how the rest will go. DH is enjoying taking a quick break from his class lecture-writing to watch the game.

No comments: