Monday, March 3, 2008

Swimmer Dude

Friday afternoon, we took our first trip to the local pool with some of DS's friends. DS loves to swim. He just kicked away as we "swam" back and forth along the pool. He tried a variety of kicks--the flutter kick, and the butterfly kick particularly. He hasn't quite mastered them yet, but I am hopeful. The butterfly kick made his little bottom bounce up and down and was quite funny to watch. He was dunked once...when I taught a Water Babies class in PA, this was highly encouraged, simply to start getting them comfortable with going under water. He looked a little startled, but his smile came back almost immediately. Babies inherently know to hold their breath under water, so a split second dunk never hurts. I forgot my camera that day, but DS's friend Finn had his grandpa there with a camera taking pictures, so when I get those, I will pass them along. This one will have to do for now: A great pic of the swim trunks, roly-poly arms and legs, and "Buddha-belly"...the only thing that is missing is the water. :) (For the record, I was having a bit of a spelling issue, so I looked in the dictionary..."roly-poly" is actually there! 50 cool points for Webster!!)

DS is learning to knit. Well, actually, he just tries on his mama's projects...PS. He tried this one on himself--his mama did not make him do it! :)

No comments: