Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blueberries and Books

I try to make a conscious effort not to discuss poopie diapers on a regular basis. Although they are a large part of my life right now, I understand that most people I come into contact with would rather not hear about it. This one, however, is note-worthy. I introduced DS to blueberries last evening. I took some blueberries out of the freezer, thawed them, and pureed them up as I do with most of his food. He loved them and ate the whole bowl-full. Then, today for lunch, I was racking my brain for some fruit to give him when I remembered the positive experience we had with blueberries last evening. So, once again, I pulled some out of the freezer, thawed them, and pureed them up. Once again, he loved them and ate the whole bowl-full. This afternoon, I saw the first blue poop I have ever seen. It was a beautiful deep blue...like a midnight blue. Okay, okay, enough said...

Here is a picture of DS reading his books. He first will cruise around the furniture (yes, he is now walking along furniture...still crawling very slowly in the style of an inch-worm, but walking rather quickly along furniture) and end up in the corner where we keep a stack of his books. Did I mention he loves books!?!

Speaking of books, I suppose this is a good time to mention that I am also going to be hitting the books. I have decided to go back to school. This summer, fall, and spring I will be taking some basic psychology courses as well as applying to the Doctor of Psychology program at the university where DH teaches. I am quite excited about the venture and am ready for the challenge. I have even borrowed some Intro to Psychology text books that I am now reading for fun! Imagine that, me reading text books for fun. That is definitely a first for me...but it is so interesting, I can't help myself!

No comments: